The official mission of the Young Marines is:
- To promote the mental, moral and physical development of its members.
- To instill in its members the ideals of honesty, fairness, courage, respect, loyalty, dependability, attention to duty, love of God and fidelity to our country and its institutions.
- To stimulate an interest in and respect for, academic achievement and the history and traditions of the United States of America.
- To promote physical fitness through the conduct of physical activities, including participation in athletic events and close order drill.
- To advocate a drug-free lifestyle through a continual drug prevention education program.